Massage Therapy Can Reduce Muscle Pain:
Muscles that are in spasm will be painful to the touch. The pain is caused by ischemic muscle tissue. Ischemia means the muscle is lacking proper blood flow, usually due to the muscle spasm. This in turn creates the following undesirable process:
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate and improve range of motion. low-back pain.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesion and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Relieve migraine.
- After the muscle is relaxed through massage therapy, the lactic acid will be released from the muscle, and the muscle should start receiving enough blood and oxygen.
- It is extremely important to communicate with the massage therapist regarding the pressure whether the pressure is too much, too little, getting better, getting worse. The therapist should listen and respond accordingly. The massage therapy pressure should never be overly painful. In fact, most people describe the pressure as “good pain”.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
Solstice Spa Massage Menu
Swedish Massage60/90 min $80/110
Swedish Massage refers to a variety of techniques specifically designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
The main purpose of Swedish massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Swedish massage also stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same time. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested in a regular program for stress management.
Deep Tissue Massage60/90 min $95/125
The primary goal for deep tissue massage is to restore a balanced upright posture, decrease symptoms of pain, break down scar tissue/muscle adhesion’s and improve your range of motion. It is a massage technique that works on the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
Prenatal Massage60 min $95
During pregnancy, your body goes through major changes. Pregnancy massage can help with these changes by reducing stress, decreasing arm and leg swelling, and relieving muscle and joint pain. Massage may be particularly helpful during a time when medication and other medical options may be more limited. Using specially designed massage pillows, the massage therapist will help get you into a comfortable position for this type of massage.
Post Partum Massage60 min $95
Post-Partum massage has been shown to be effective for a quicker recovery and better health. Integration of maternal bodywork may add welcome value to your healing journey and transition to motherhood.
Massage is well known for relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief and other health benefits. Unique postpartum benefits include hormone regulation, reduced swelling, better sleep and improved breastfeeding.
Hot Stone Massage60/90 min $95/125
Our ultimate massage experience skillfully uses heated river stones with massage strokes to key points on the body, creating sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity.
Heated smooth, flat stones are placed on key points on the body causing the muscles to relax, thus allowing the therapist to apply deeper, more precise pressure if desired or necessary.
Our stone rocks are basalt, which has high heat retention qualities. Stones are placed in water and heated to approximately 125 °F (52 °C).
Reflexology Massage60 min $95
Reflexology is focused mainly on the feet and hands. It is a method of stimulating the reflex points which relax and rejuvenate each and every part of the body. Massaging the pressure points in the feet and hands allows the nerve network to boost the immune system and improve the physical body.
Reflexology has been shown to relieve stress, pain reduction and headaches.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage60 min $95
It blends soothing, gentle, rhythmical, precise massage-like movements to accelerate the flow of lymphatic fluid in the body. This massage technique can benefit those coping with general fluid retention, poor circulation, lowered immunity, cellulite and skin disorders reflecting congestion.
Aromatherapy Massageadd extra $10 to any massage
Aromatherapy is a branch of herbal medicine that uses the medicinal properties of the essential oils of plants and herbs. The use of plant essential oils dates back to the ancient times in Egypt, Italy, India, and China.
Aromatherapy is massage therapy but with highly concentrated plant oils, called essential oils, added to the massage oil or lotion.
Signature Massage120 min $160
Baby Massage25 min $45
Infant massage is unique opportunity to communicate in a new way with your newborn. As you learn and practice this type of living massage, you will begin to understand the deep bonding experience of infant massage.
Benefits for infants, babies include the following:
- Mood Enhancement, Balance and Well Being
- Relief of Minor Discomforts
- Reduces crying time
- Massage increases serotonin levels and regulates melatonin secretion rhythms which helps regulate sleep patterns.
- Research has shown that infants receiving touch therapy and massage gain weight faster and are discharged earlier than other infants.
- Massage stimulates elimination of waste from the body, can relieve abdominal wind within minutes and speeds a natural process of the nervous system which can assist with reflux
- Early diagnosis of potential health issues.
- Enhances emotions and improves mood
- Massage increases dopamine levels which are believed to play an important role in regulating anger, aggression, temperature, mood and appetite in addition to other body functions
- Improves wind, colic, reflux and constipation
- Relieves sinus and chest congestion
- Massage helps promote adequate drainage of the sinuses and excess mucus on the chest.
- Boosts immune system
- Helps to normalize muscle tone
- Improves circulation
- Enhances immune system function
- Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
- Stimulates all of the physiological systems. Massage sparks the neurons in their brains to grow and branch out to encompass other neurons.